Responsible for a selection of data analysis and information search/gathering efforts in support of mission of AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. Manages one or more studies awarded to other research institutions. Supports the Data & Information Group Leader and the Executive Director of the Foundation by providing information and data on relevant traffic safety issues. Works closely with other analysts and researchers on various assigned tasks and internal technical activities. As necessary, the Analyst will represents the Foundation on committees/working groups both internal and external to AAA to disseminate information from Foundation’s work.
Relationship of Job to Management
This position reports to the Data & Information Group Leader of AAA Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform information search/gathering and data analysis activities in the Data & Information Group. Provide information and data analysis support on a number of Foundation research activities by search and gathering relevant information from technical literatures and other sources; correctly interpreting results; and present relevant findings. (75%)
- Oversee one or more studies funded by the Foundation to other research institutions to ensure projects are meeting their goals with minimal delays and within budget. (15%)
- Assist the Data & Information Group Leader and the Executive Director of the Foundation on a variety of issues related to data and information inquiries. Carry out tasks per requests on specific topics. (10%)
- Bachelor with Major in Information Science, Statistics, Engineering, or related fields. Master’s preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in conducting research, information/literature review and analysis, especially on transportation topics.
- Thorough knowledge of information/literature search and data analysis/organization, especially on transportation related topics.