Directs AAA’s corporate communication efforts through a variety of communication channels at the National Office. In partnership with key internal stakeholders and AAA business lines, the Corporate Communications Director takes the lead in creating vibrant, interactive, and branded digital, video and narrative content to support communications efforts including: publications, presentations, fact sheets, websites and other targeted communications initiatives. Position is based in Heathrow, Florida.
Relationship of Job to Management
This position reports to the Managing Director, Association Communication
This position has functional responsibilities and three (3) direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a flowing pipeline of high-value, relevant and engaging digital, creative and narrative content that strengthens the AAA brand and elevates our profile and expertise of the National Office and the 36 AAA Clubs. Seeks and applies new, innovative ideas and creative ways to tell the AAA story through AAA corporate communications channels. (50%)
- Leads a small team -- content, digital and creative managers, designers, and writers as well as contractors and freelance -- using management best practices in alignment with AAA’s Basic Beliefs. Supervises all aspects of day-to-day operations. Ensures that internal stakeholders are apprised of project timelines, deadlines, and asset requirements. (30%)
- Directs implementation of AAA Cares, the organization’s new, integrated corporate social responsibility and community relations effort. (15%),
- Accountable for setting and meeting department budget, as well as cross-departmental budgets related to large-scale association initiatives. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or related field and a minimum of 10 years managing corporate communications, preferably with at least five years’ experience producing and directing digital communications.
- Superb written, oral and interpersonal communications, and presentation skills; ability to work collaboratively and support multiple clients.
- Strong operational knowledge of digital, social media, and mobile communications as well as traditional approaches.
- Knowledge of content development, information technology and architecture, site design, search engine optimization and web analytics.
- Strong leadership and management experience.
- Proven ability to lead by example; establish clear expectations; set direction and priorities; ensure that work levels are balanced among all staff; build effective teams, comprised of various stakeholders; delegate at appropriate level, but not a micromanager.
- Ability to identify and execute on story ideas across channels and inspire and motivate collaborators.
- Strong organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining work quality.
- Proven ability to foster productive relationships with peers, subordinates, and business partners.
- Demonstrated business acumen in budgeting, resourcing and managing projects.
Physical Activities of the Position
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
2. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
3. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e calculator, copy machine, printer)
4. Frequently communicates with Associates, Vendors, and Clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
Physical Requirements of the Position
1. Sedentary Work-Exerting up to 10lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift , carry, pull, carry or otherwise move objects, including the human body
2. Visual Acuity-Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading
1. None- Not substantially exposed to adverse conditions