Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Help Desk Analyst in Alexandria, VA.
Help Desk Technicians to serve our ARMY customer in Alexandria, VA. We are seeking highly motivated, innovative professionals to provide excellent Help Desk solutions.The Help Desk Technicians will work in a team environment to assist in supporting ITA end users.
• Provides technical support as required in data management, document control, computer support, project control, and other related areas
• Tier II service encompasses receiving phone calls, emails, chat, instant messaging, texts
• Documenting and triaging the request; solving or escalating the request
• Tracking request status and providing routine progress updates to the customer; and following up with the customer on the resolution of ticket for completeness/quality and satisfaction
• Troubleshoots and supports Windows operating systems, advanced MS Office product issues, and other IT issues
• Upgrades software components as required
• Provides customers with network technical support
• Instructs customers and support staff in use of equipment and software
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Secret clearance
• Microsoft Certified Profession or MTA Certification (one of the following exams - 349, 365, 366, 367)
• 2 years applicable experience
• Current A+ certification
• IT/Help Desk experience (good people skills)
• Experience with Remedy 7.1 preferred
• Associates Degree
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.