Our client is a private agency that provides In Home Counseling Services and ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Services to youth and their families.
They are currently seeking a Community Based Counselor in Williamsburg, Virginia.
This program provides intensive, time-limited, in-home crisis intervention and treatment services to the family unit in need. The program is family focused and is strengths based. Highly trained staff provides a broad array of services tailored to the individual child and family. In-home services are provided typically but not solely in the residence of an individual who is at risk of being moved into out-of-home placement or is being transitioned to home from out-of home placement.
• Manage a small caseload of service recipient families, providing services in families’ homes on an intensive basis and utilizing short-term, solution focused treatment strategies
• Prepare written diagnostic assessments, assess service recipients from multiple perspectives, including family functioning, psychological/emotional, social, academic, medical, behavioral, substance abuse, skills, strengths, barriers to economic self-sufficiency, treatment history, and others, and utilizing various assessment instruments
• Prepare written service plan, incorporating input from service recipients, involved service providers, and clearly identifying problem areas and needs, strategies, and service objectives
• Provides direct clinical services to service recipients, including individual, family, couple, and group therapy, and issue-specific or educational groups (parenting skills, anger management, substance abuse interventions)
• Respond to crisis situations with twenty-four hour a day availability
• Document case activities for both clinical and billing purposes
• Prepare progress reports as required by referral source or service purchaser
• Participate in Child Specific Team, Family Assessment and Planning Team, and other interdisciplinary, diagnostic, or planning meetings
• Collaborate and coordinate with other case involved service providers and professionals, such as attorneys, school personnel, social workers, and probation counselors
• Link service recipients with external programs or services
• Attend court hearings when families are court-involved and presents testimony and treatment recommendations as requested by attorneys, referral source, the court, or service recipients
• Work with Clinical Supervisor to increase effectiveness of therapeutic intervention
• Prepare written Discharge Summary and Plan
• Provide supervision for licensure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Two years of experience working with troubled children and families
Master's degree, in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a directly related field from an accredited college or university
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.