Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a EDW Applications Developer in Reston, VA.
• We are looking for an experienced Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Applications Developer with both strong Agile Scrum delivery skills and business intelligence development experience to work on a program at Reston, VA.
• The ideal candidate should have an understanding of Agile Software Development practices delivering deployable software in short sprints, responsible for designing, developing and implementing Enterprise Data Warehouse application capabilities.
• They will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, quality assurance engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile Engineering processes. They must have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Business Intelligence software (SQL Server 2012, SharePoint 2013, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, PowerView, PowerPivot, and writing MDX queries.)
• They must also be fluent in using Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and SQL Server Data Tools. Also desired is having Cognos Business Intelligence experience with Cognos 10 Business Intelligence suite (Data Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager, and Cognos Workspace), and Oracle 11g/12c.
• They should be experienced with developing both canned reports and dashboards using SSRS and ad-hoc reports using Excel Services, PowerView, and PowerPivot. They should also be experienced with developing ETLs within SSIS, as well as developing both tabular and multi-dimensional models and cubes within SSAS.
• They will also be responsible for or support development of a spectrum of engineering artifacts that adequately but succinctly capture system requirements, design, architecture, and solution training.
• This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
• Functional Responsibility: Serves as an Agile Scrum Team member providing software engineering and business intelligence development services for the delivery of releasable software. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects; basic responsibilities include:
• Designing, developing and implementing data warehouse and business intelligence applications.
• Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
• Active participation in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
• Collaborating with peers; mentoring junior team members to enhance skills and abilities; providing leadership as required.
• Providing relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
• Participating in estimating backlog items.
• Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development/refinement of software engineering guidelines.
• Decomposing backlog items into the software tasks based on the desired software architecture (e.g., n-tier layered architecture) necessary to create the desired functionality.
• Strengthening the presence of the team as an Agile centre of excellence. Actively contributing to the organization Agile Community.
• Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
• Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports.
• Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
• Reviewing and evaluating work and preparing periodic performance reports.
• Ensuring product quality and timeliness of efforts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
• Strong software development background, with ten (10) to twelve (12) solid years programming experience with four (4) to six (6) years working with data warehouses, preferably using an Agile Scrum approach.
• Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence capabilities; Microsoft technology platform, SQL Server, SharePoint, Oracle solutions, PL/SQL, and data modeling.
• Developing data warehouse applications in SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence platform (SharePoint, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, PowerView, PowerPivot, and MDX.), Cognos 10 (all Studios), and Oracle 11g/12c.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and SQL Server Data Tools software development environments, as well as the SSMA migration tool.
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
• Familiarity with Windows server, HP Itanium/HPUX, information exchanges, data warehouse, and automated testing.
• Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts.
• Ability to identify and manage risk.
• Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
• Experience with Agile software development principles.
• Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
• Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Developing data warehouse applications in Cognos 10 (all Studios) and Oracle 11g/12c (including PL/SQL).
• Highly desirable is having past experience with a Cognos to Microsoft BI technology migration.
• Technical Certifications, such as MCSD; MCPD; CSM; CSD; OCJD; SCJD.
• DOD 8570 certification.
• Experience using VersionOne Agile project tools.
• Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
• Knowledgeable in using SQL.
• Experience with data base design.
• Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
• Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
• College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.