Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Hadoop Applications Developer in Mclean, VA.
We are seeking an experienced Hadoop/Cloudera developer who under minimal direction performs as a fully experienced Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. The Software Developer will use Hadoop familiarity to develop and support big data analytics within a workflow framework built on top of Hadoop, as well as improve the workflow framework itself. The Developer may also collaborate on system architecture and engineering efforts concerning Hadoop with the system administration organization.
• Working in a big data environment with new and open-sourced technologies
• Fast paced; Interaction with many people on a day-to-day basis
• Integral part of the project and deals with cool data
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified timeframe according to departmental standards and guidelines
• Writes, modifies, and debugs software largely focused in the back-end and data layer
• Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software; recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions; this includes validating the fix for the software problem
• Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation
• Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces
• Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages
• Uses source debuggers and visual development environments
• Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing
• Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development
• Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production
• Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications
Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on complex projects
• Designs and maintains Big Data analytical algorithms to operate on petabytes of data
• Works with well-structured data (compared to traditional Hadoop data)
• Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience
• The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client
• Experience with Hadoop (or similar: Cloudera, Hortonworks, etc.)
• Strong understanding of data modeling
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strongly Desired "experience with Lucene text search engine."
• Cascading, Apache Avro, Apache ZooKeeper, and Blur knowledge and experience.
• Strongly Desired - Object Oriented Programming, Multi-threaded programming experience, experience using continuous integration.
• General Hbase knowledge
• Experience supporting Agile software development
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active TS\SCI with Poly+
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.