Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking an Applications Developer in Reston, VA.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of agile software development practices and experience delivering deployable software in short sprints. They will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team–a highly productive team of seasoned technical professionals who thrive on supporting our customer's mission and growth objectives – designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and applications. They will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is also crucial. A willingness to learn and stay abreast of industry trends is also required. The program emphasizes innovation, and looks for individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural.
Functional Responsibility: Serves as an Agile Scrum team member providing software engineering, development and maintenance services for the delivery of releasable software. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects. Basic responsibilities include:
• Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems.
• Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
• Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
• Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
• Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
• Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports.
• Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, eligible for a Government security clearance or ideally with an interim DOD Secret clearance or higher
• Professional Experience: a minimum five (5) years related technical experience focused on software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment.
• Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
• Familiarity with continuous integration tools and environments
• Familiarity with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
• Experience using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases.
• Experience developing applications utilizing .NET version 4.5 software framework (or strong experience with competing frameworks).
• Experience with data base design and stored SQL procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
• Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Technical Certifications, such as MCSD; MCPD; CSM; CSD; OCJD; SCJD.
• DOD 8570 certification.
• Familiarity using VersionOne Agile project tools.
• Direct experience providing production support for Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools.
• Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
• Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular.js, VMware, information exchanges (ETL, ESB), message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.