Our client is a private agency that provides In-Home Counseling Services and ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Services to youth and their families.
They are currently seeking a Behavior Assistant in Williamsburg, Virginia.
• Maintain a caseload of clients, provides 1:1 and training services utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles and strategies
• Implements interventions written to increase language and functional skills
• Implements interventions written to decrease maladaptive behaviors
• Collects, maintains and graph behavioral data systems
• Trains family members and home service providers to implement behavioral interventions
• Assists in conducting functional behavior assessments and functional analyses
• Maintains program binders
• Creates and acquires teaching materials as needed
• Monitors progress of interventions and client and initiates fading as appropriate
• Writes session notes and inputs them according to company policy
• Prepares reports, logs and re-authorization documentation on time according to company and funding source policies
• Assists in the development of the Individualized Service Plan under the supervision of the Behavior Analyst
• Actively participates in weekly supervision with supervising Behavior Analyst
• Develops and maintains appropriate working relationships with families’ service providers
• Conducts observations of the client in other environments (school, community etc) as needed.
• Maintains and keeps scheduled appointments with clients
• Works with Assistant Director to ensure an optimal scheduling of caseload
• Collaborates and coordinates with other case-involved service providers and related service professionals.
• Links clients with external programs and services
• Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 40 hours of ABA coursework
• At least one year working with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders
• Experience with data collection and creating graphs preferred
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human services, or a related field
• Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) 1/2 tuition for BCBA certificate
• BCBA supervision
• Weekly study group
• Health/Dental Insurances
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.