Our client is a consulting firm specializing in proposal development, capture, and market strategy services for government contractors.
They are currently seeking a Marketing and Proposal Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia.
Our client is looking for dynamic, self-motivated, service-oriented leaders who are accustomed to working in high energy, fast-paced environments. Their full-time Marketing and Proposal Specialist will provide multiple clients with expert proposal writing support. On a project-by-project basis, the Marketing and Proposal Specialist will be responsible for overall leadership, management, and direction of the range of activities associated with the proposal writing process from pre-RFP to Gold Team, in close conjunction with our clients. The ideal candidate can be “dual hatted” to write two or more major proposal sections. The Marketing and Proposal Specialist will report to KSI’s VP, Operations.
• Collaborate closely with client representatives throughout entire proposal process to ensure clients are satisfied with quality of proposal work
• Lead proposal development activities for an entire section of large proposals or entire proposals for smaller efforts
• Research and gather technical and/or business information for use in proposal development activities Apply winning proposal concepts, practices, and procedures along with solid writing methodologies to incorporate information and themes into assigned proposal sections.
• Interview client leads to collect technical and methodology information and incorporate those information proposals.
• Assist in the development and generation of “win” strategy and themes and discriminators as the framework for response
• Ensure that assigned proposal sections are compliant with the applicable RFP or RFI instructions.
• Work as an integral project team member in close partnership with capture team members, and the project manager to determine and respond to proposal requirements.
• Perform all assigned activities within expected quality and schedule parameters. Engage in other responsibilities as identified
• Assist with internal tasks during gaps in support to client proposals This is a direct hire, full-time position with benefits
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• History of successful proposals (2+ years) worked across Government agencies and deep understanding of the logistics and operations of proposal writing
• Knowledgeable in business development and the Federal procurement processes
• Strong ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and provide guidance and direction to SMEs
• Demonstrated leadership skills and “command presence”: excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and be a self-starter, and ability to multitask
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven record of successful business development, capture management and/or proposal management experience
• Expert usage of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Must be able to commute to client offices around the NCR and work long and unusual hours based on volume of work
• Bachelor’s degree
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.