Our client is a consulting firm specializing in proposal development, capture, and market strategy services for government contractors.
They are currently seeking a Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia.
Our client is looking for dynamic, self-motivated, service-oriented leaders who are accustomed to working in high energy, fast-paced environments. Their full-time Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist will provide multiple clients with expert proposal writing support. On a project-by-project basis, the Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist will be responsible for overall leadership, management, and direction of the range of activities associated with the proposal writing process from pre-RFP to final production, in close conjunction with their clients. The ideal candidate can be “dual hatted” as a manager and writer on smaller proposals. The Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist will report to the VP, Operations.
• Collaborate closely with client representatives throughout proposal process to ensure clients are satisfied with quality of proposal work
• Assist capture managers in the strategy, win themes, competitive analysis, or gap analysis associated with a given proposal
• Lead the preparation and delivery of all proposal volumes and other required proposal deliverables.
• Prepare detailed proposal outline and defines the proposal schedule from kickoff to final production
• Run all proposal meetings, including kickoffs, daily stand-ups, and color teams
• Delegate responsibilities and resources to proposal personnel
• Integrate the efforts of all involved technical, management, contracts, pricing, and business staff with proposal team staff, and of proposal team staff with production staff
• Issue effective proposal instructions and memoranda to proposal team staff
• Control implementation of proposal strategy, including theme, discriminator, proof point, and ghost implementation
• Write or assist with writing persuasive proposal sections, including management plans, past performance, technical approach, and resumes
• Interview SMEs with the ability to turn complex technical information into proposal prose
• Engage in other responsibilities as identified by the client.
• Assist with internal tasks at the client’s offices during gaps in support to client proposals
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• History of successful proposals (5+ years) worked across Government agencies and deep understanding of the logistics and operations of proposal writing
• Knowledgeable in business development and the Federal procurement processes
• Strong ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and provide guidance and direction to SMEs
• Demonstrated leadership skills and “command presence”: excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and be a self-starter, and ability to multitask
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven record of successful business development, capture management and/or proposal management experience
• Expert usage of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Must be able to commute to client offices around the NCR and work long and unusual hours based on volume of work
• Bachelor’s Degree
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.