Our client supports government customers in procuring and managing acquisition programs from cradle to grave; primarily major weapon systems, weapons, and combat systems. They also support program and project managers with field activities.
They are currently seeking a Fleet Support Analyst/Trainer in Dahlgren, Virginia.
The Fleet Support Analyst/Trainer will participate in USW tactical combat system ship-based and land-based training, certification and evaluation events. This shall include System Integration Test Site Training, System Consolidated Operability Test (SCOT), Combined Environment Reliability Test (CERT), Combat System Ship Qualification Trials (CSSQT), Fleet Introduction Training (FIT), Initial Ship Training (IST), Initial Ship Familiarization (ISM), Mobile Team Training (MTT), Ship ASW Readiness/Effectiveness Measurement (SHAREM), System Qualification Tests (SQT), AEGIS Integration Events (AIE), Operational Tests (OT), Developmental Tests (DT), and Post CSSQT Analysis as well as emerging events the USW Program may need to support over the life of this effort.
Additional duties include:
• Provide shipboard technical and training support to USW tactical combat systems, including troubleshooting, performance evaluation, and training of USW developmental systems and deployed systems
• Conduct operation and maintenance training both shipboard and in land based training facilities for deployed USW tactical systems
• Provide input to training manuals and materials for operation and maintenance of deployed USW tactical combat systems
• Support the creation and presentation of material describing how to effectively operate and maintain deployed USW tactical systems as a supplement to United States Navy formal training
• Participate in shipboard installation teams for USW systems that are completing the installation process and verifying installations are operating in accordance with the system requirements
• Resolve fleet identified system issues and evaluate problems reported against the deployed systems in accordance with the current system requirements, as described by the Navy regional maintenance centers
• Observe test events and support software trouble reporting
• Respond to fleet queries, and fleet safety advisories
• Travel 60% of the time over a year to support fleet activities at the following locations: Norfolk, VA, Seattle, WA, San Diego, CA, Honolulu, HI, the Bahamas, and Japan
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with U.S. Navy ships
• 6 years’ experience with no degree or 2 years’ experience with a degree
• Must have a clearance or be able to get a clearance
• Ability to provide all support sought under the Job Description listing (above)
High School graduate or equivalent
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Department of Defense Secret
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.