Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Client End User Support in Columbus, OH.
Our client is looking for a Client End User Support person to support our DLA government customer at Columbus, OH. We are seeking a highly motivated, technology driven professional.
Maintain and return customers to normal IT Operations, as soon as possible, with the smallest possible impact on the business activity of the organization’s end user(s). Shall provide local and remote Technical Support Services for end user support on the NIPRNET and SIPRNET for DLA users/customers/activities located in the defined service locations. Shall provide more complex support for IT Solutions software and hardware service request/incident processing for end user issues that are not resolved at Initial Response Support level. This support includes the tracking of incident/service request from receipt through closure using a DLA Trouble Ticket Tracking System. DLA J6 currently utilizes the “Commercial Off the Shelf” (COTS) software “BMC Ready;” however, candidate shall use the system provided by DLA to remain consistent across the DLA Enterprise.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Two (2) to three (3) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience.
• Commensurate with technology curriculums - Bachelor's Degree in appropriate discipline or MCSE and 2-3 years System Administration Experience, MCSE is preferred. or Associate’s degree in appropriate discipline and MCSE certification. If candidate does not have an AS degree or MCSE certification, at least 5 years of experience in system administration or Tier 2 IT Helpdesk is required and must have been obtained within the last six years.
• Security+ certification.
• Certified in a currently supported Microsoft Windows desktop operating system(s) with working knowledge of applications, System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) as related to integration of desktop systems into AD, and all aspects of Windows security to include any subsequent software releases/upgrades.
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems related to desktop computers, Print servers, scanners, printers, PDAs (Blackberries), desktop video/video teleconference systems, and peripherals (zip drives, external zips, scanners, etc.).
• Ability to provide hardware maintenance such as board replacement, cable switching, communications assistance, and hardware installation and replacement.
• Knowledge of industry standard Incident Ticket Tracking systems for inputting incident tickets and creating work orders.
• Demonstrated knowledge and accomplishment in analyzing, diagnosing and recommending solutions for hardware and software problems.
• Knowledge of IBM’s Customer Information Control System (CICS) and Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM) Printer Support System (VPS) to restart printers and printer output.
• Demonstrated ability with installation, configuration, and the ability to learn DLA-unique applications and programs.
• Demonstrated understanding of End-User Radio Frequency (RF) hardware/software devices and the ability to perform minor repairs or configurations.
• Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft products including, but not limited to, Windows, Office; including all aspects of Windows security and Microsoft desktop products
• Understanding and knowledge of Windows 7 and MS Office; to include ability to install any subsequent releases/upgrades.
• Expertise to install and support workstation hardware and software, to include depot-unique items as instructed by the Government.
• Certified knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and knowledge of applications, System Management Software, Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) as related to integration of desktop systems into AD, and all aspects of Windows security to include any subsequent software releases/upgrades.
• Knowledge of industry standard Incident Ticket Tracking systems for inputting incident tickets and creating work orders. Direct BMC Remedy Experience Preferred.
• Knowledge of IBM’s Customer Information Control System (CICS) and Virtual Telecommunications Access Method Printer Support System (VPS) to restart printers and printer output.
• Understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Windows Applications and MS Office; to include any subsequent releases/upgrades.
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.