Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Java Software Developer in Manassas, VA.
Performs system software development tasks and activities to include:
• Develops Java software programs for complex military systems.
• Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
• Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
• Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Supports software integration activities.
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Develops custom Java software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
• Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
• Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
• Follows direction of software development team leads.
• Experience with Java Object Oriented programming, Java Swing, Linux, Git, Eclipse
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
• Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
MUST HAVE: Java Swing
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues.
• Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
• Experience with JavaFX
• Bachelor's degree
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.