Our client is a Government service oriented business enterprise headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. The company prides itself on its ability to strategically deliver information technology solutions to a diverse portfolio of Federal, State and Local Government customers. Our Client provides a variety of premier government-oriented web hosting, cyber security, information management and helpdesk services as a standard set of its service offerings.
They are currently seeking a Security Compliance Jr. Analyst in Columbia, MD.
Apply guidance provided in all relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications in the delivery of IT security services:
• Support the development of security documentation in accordance with FISMA and FedRAMP requirements including Security Policies and Procedures, System Security Plans, Contingency Plans, Incident Response Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Security Categorization Documents, Rules of Behavior, E-Authentication Worksheets, and Privacy Threshold Analyses/Privacy Impact Assessments.
• Collaborate with team members to provide consulting services to customer organizations and perform assessments of information systems and networks.
• Interface with technical department in support of security assessment and authorization activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Required Experience: A minimum of 1 years’ experience with FISMA (and/or FedRAMP) and NIST SP 800-53, Rev. 4 or other compliance frameworks.
• Required Certification: Security+ certification (or expected soon) will be considered.
• Provide MS office suite support including SharePoint document library and page support.
• Background in general security practices and implementation of security controls.
• Experience developing security documentation packages associated with the NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Mid-level understanding and experience regarding relevant federal (e.g., FISMA, NIST, OMB, and FIPS) information technology security regulations, policies, standards and procedures.
• Must be eligible to obtain a government security clearance (requiring U.S. Citizenship).
• Great opportunity for recent college graduate
• Bachelor's degree
• Must be a US Citizen (clearable)
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.