Our client supports government customers in procuring and managing acquisition programs from cradle to grave; primarily major weapon systems, weapons, and combat systems.
They are currently seeking an Acquisition Analyst/Engineer in Washington, D.C.
Support PEO IWS5 program management of U.S. Navy Acoustic Communications (ACCOMS), Depth Sounders, and Sonar Domes Rubber Windows (SDRW) projects.
• Assess and coordinate all Ship Control Documents (SCD) & Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) for non-AN/SQQ-89 equipment for all IWS5 Technical Instructions (TI) builds
• Participate in all applicable trade studies for future TIs and Advanced Capability Builds (ACB)
• Provide PEO IWS5B Support associated with the AN/UQN-4A, AN/UQN-10, AN/WQC-2A System deliveries for multiple ship platforms including DDGs, DDG-1000, CGs, MCMs, CVNs, LCDs, LPDs, LHAs and LXRs - Legacy and new construction
• Provide IWS5B Support associated with the Sonar Dome Rubber Window and Sonar Dome Pressurization System (SDPS) deliveries for all DDGs
• Provide IWS5B ACCOMS support relating to Government Furnished Information (GFI) for new construction platforms
• Provide ACCOMS support relating to financial planning documents, including 7300 and Task Planning Sheets (TPS) for CVN, DDG, LXR, LHA and LPD new construction platforms
• Work closely with In-Service Engineering Agents (ISEA) to resolve fielded Fleet issues
• Monitor spare assets and develop and maintain a five-year plan for system sustainability to account for planned and emergent utilization of inventories
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Good communication skills
• Experience U.S. naval undersea warfare systems
• Ship Control Document (SCD) understanding
• Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) development and analysis capabilities
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of U.S. Navy Undersea Combat Systems and ancillary equipment
• Experience with U.S. Navy Sonar Domes Rubber Windows (SDRW), Sonar Dome Pressurization System (SDPS), Acoustic Communications (e.g. Underwater Telephone, AN/WQC-2A), and Depth Sounders (e.g. Fathometer, AN/UQN-4A and AN/UQN-10)
• Experience with PEO IWS5B
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.