Our client is a professional services company specializing in logistics engineering, information technology and international development. They provide resources to assist public and private sector organizations to accomplish their mission through improved productivity, cost savings, and leveraging scarce resources.
They are currently seeking Master Supply Technician (Ammo) in Fort Hood, Texas.
This position performs aspects of technical supply management work related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty. The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions. This work may require consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines. Assignments require:
• a good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines
• an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced
• analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines
Must have extensive knowledge of Ammunition Supply Point procedures which include proper, and timely receipt, storage, inspection, and issue of ammunition, ammunition components, and ammunition related material as governed by military regulation and instruction.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of experience in technical military logistics procedures
• Possess operational skill and knowledge of the automated systems utilized.
• Ammunition inspection experience
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain a CAC
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 89 / 90 series U.S. Army Military Occupational Specialty
• 5+ Years Army Ammunition Experience
• Ammunition Certifications: Ammo 45, Ammo 63, and Ammo 64
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.