Our client supports government customers in procuring and managing acquisition programs from cradle to grave; primarily major weapon systems, weapons, and combat systems.
They are currently seeking a Software Developer in San Diego, California.
Develop software for weapon control systems and test equipment. Specific tasks include:
• Develop requirements, specifications and/or designs at the system, subsystem, component level, and/or for hardware/software test aids/interfaces
• Develop, modify and incorporate software/firmware code to existing and future systems for the incorporation and integration of system requirements
• Prepare technical data. Including, as a minimum: design and procedural documents, technical reports, change proposals, operators/service manuals and software documentation
• Develop and maintain test support tools and equipment for system, subsystems, and component tests
• Conduct acceptance and integration level tests. Analyze test results and generate analysis reports
• Perform studies and give recommendations for proposed concepts or enhancements; prepare updates to concept/enhancement documents
• Employ latest technological advances related to hardware or software applications; incorporate the latest technology to the applicable systems and future systems by selecting appropriate specifications for current and projected systems, subsystem, and components and analyze the results
• Ensure software is compliant with the latest safety standards for coding
• 10% travel required to State College, PA, Dahlgren, VA, and Washington, D.C.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Embedded systems development
• C Programming (Familiarity with C++), Qlarity
• Windows SDK development
• Client/Server architecture
• RL-RTX Real Time Operating System
• ARM, x86
• RS232, RS422, CAN, TCP/IP, UDP interfaces
• Windows CE and/or Windows Embedded
• PIC and phyCORE board development
• Low level driver development
• Analog/Digital I/O
• Familiarity using oscilloscopes and reading schematics
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Five years’ experience
• Experience with U.S. Navy ships
• Experience U.S. naval undersea warfare systems
High school diploma or equivalent.
Department of Defense secret.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.