Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Senior Network & Telecommunications Engineer in Chantilly, VA.
Our client is looking for a Senior Network & Telecommunications Engineers to support our customer in Chantilly, VA. We are seeking a highly motivated technology and systems support professional to deliver solutions.
This position is for a senior level telecommunications/VOIP engineer to provide support for a Voice over IP (VOIP) effort for the Army National Guard. This position will provide telephony expertise in upgrading and replacing existing telecommunications systems consisting of Cisco, Avaya, Nortel and other various legacy PBXs. This position will also entail integrating network solutions to include switches, routers and voice gateways. The candidate will be expected to lead a team of engineers in the design, integration, and implementation of a VOIP solution several National Guard Command locations. This position will also entail integrating network solutions to include switches, routers and voice gateways. The candidate will work closely with RCAS network engineers, the National Guard Network Support Operations Center, network security engineers, and various other groups within the program. This position will involve travel to remote sites to assist with moves and new location standups. Must be able to keep up with fast pace fielding schedule and have an active secret clearance.
• Installation and configuration of Cisco switching and VOIP infrastructure across multiple enterprise environments/client locations, both remotely and on-site
• Perform basic configurations on server infrastructures (mixed virtualized and physical environments)
• Create and maintain detailed diagrams and technical documentation of enterprise voice networks
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN, MPLS and general network theory required
• Provide timely and accurate status updates to customer contacts and management
• Partner and work with 3rd party teams and vendors
• Device maintenance/Updating
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Looking for qualified “Road Warriors” – 75% travel
• BA/BS and at least 10 years of related network engineering/IT experience. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager +5
• Avaya Communications Manager
• PSTN circuits (PRI, T1, SIP, analog, FXO, FXS)
• Network Routing +5
• Network Switching +5
• Voice gateways and protocols +5
• H.323/SIP/MGCP/SCCP +5
• Active Secret clearance (required), Interim is acceptable.
• Certifications (must be DOD 8570 compliant with a combination of the following): CCNP, CCNA, Security +, Server +
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• SIP/AS-SIP experience preferred
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) (preferred)
• Cisco Unity/Unity Connection/Unified Messaging (Preferred)
• Cisco UC on UCS (preferred)
• VMWare 6.x (preferred)
• Cisco Telepresence (preferred)
• CCNA certification required, CCNP/CCNP Voice preferred
• VMWare configuration experience preferred
• Windows Server administration experience preferred
• Network trouble shooting skills
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or related technical
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.