Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Electrical System Engineer in Manassas, VA.
Perform electrical and system engineering tasks to include: developing test procedures and documentation, designing and testing electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Perform requirements development, system design, system integration, verification, and validation. Performs trade studies, design and technology assessments for emerging technologies. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
Electrical Systems Engineer Required Tasks:
1. Develop test criteria, procedures, and reports.
2. Execute test plans, document findings, and determine forward actions
3. Perform design analysis, technology assessments, and trade studies.
4. Specify and select COTS, ROTS, NDI and/or custom components.
5. Develop rack and design cabling layouts.
6. Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Experience with requirements derivation and capture.
a. Experience with complex systems development and evaluation.
b. Experience with interface requirements and component level requirements.
c. Experience with system testing and documentation
d. Experience with requirements verification and design test criteria
2. Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source products.
3. Strong communication skills to explain design issues and solutions.
Additional Requirements for Electrical Systems Engineer:
1. Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
2. Proactive/self-starter. Task driven with ability to work independently.
3. Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.