Our client is a professional services company specializing in logistics engineering, information technology and international development. They provide resources to assist public and private sector organizations to accomplish their mission through improved productivity, cost savings, and the leverage of scarce resources.
They are currently seeking a UME Specialized Ambulance - Biomedical Equipment Specialist in Fort Hood, Texas.
Experienced maintenance mechanic, knowledgeable on the maintenance tasks on HMMWV Maxi Ambulance Family of Vehicles (M997). Maintenance experience working on wheel vehicles and medical equipment. Must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions with schematics and perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) (i.e., test, operates, lubricates, adjusts, tightens, and cleans, etc.), Calibration, Verification, Certification (CVC), electrical safety tests, on medical and medically related equipment. Troubleshoot to isolate malfunctioning or defective parts and/or boards on medical and medically related equipment. Make repairs by replacing malfunctioning or defective parts and/or boards on medically related equipment. Fabricate field expedient repair parts for field medical equipment. Computes power requirements for field medical equipment. Perform pre-issue inspections and installations of medical equipment. Work requires:
• Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
• Educating and providing oversight to non-specialized motor vehicle mechanics to ensure quality services and repairs.
• Requires well rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
Physical requirements include (but are not limited to) the ability to lift 60 pounds, pushing, pulling, carrying, stooping, bending, squatting, and reaching. Work environment includes periodic overtime, exposure to heat, dust, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have twelve (12) or more years of maintenance experience working on wheel vehicles and medical equipment
• Experience in U.S. Army maintenance procedures and AR 750-1
• Ability to pass Pre-Employment Drug Test and Background Screening
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain a CAC
• US Army MOS 68A series qualification highly desired
High School Diploma or equivalent
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.