Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Software Developer in Manassas, VA.
Our client is looking for a C++ Developer to join our experienced team of developers to create solutions to complex problems with the end user/client in mind. The ideal candidate has gained experience with the full software development lifecycle in an object-oriented analysis and design environment. The Developer will be responsible for performing system software development tasks and activities to include:
• Develops C++ software programs for complex military and space systems.
• Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
• Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
• Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Supports software integration activities.
• Work with cross-functional engineering teams in conducting system/software analysis and design
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
• Contract Term: Temporary Employee, 40 hours/week.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Develops custom C++ software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
• Use data structures, software engineering, OOD, C++ programing techniques and algorithms to write, debug and test code.
• Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
• Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
• Follows direction of software development team leads.
Additional Requirements for Software Developer:
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
• Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Highly Desirable Skills for Software Developer:
• Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
a. Basic commands
b. Scripting (bash, python, etc)
c. Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
d. Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
• Strong Debugging skills
a. Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, netstat, etc
c. Jconsole, jvisualvm
• Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
• System-level & architecture concepts
b. Basic networking (UDP/TCP, interface management, sub-interfaces, etc.)
c. NTP and time distribution
d. DHCP and IP distribution
e. NFS and filesystem distribution
• Version control & Automation experience
a. Basic concepts of branching and merging
b. git / gerrit / Jenkins
• Bachelor's in related field
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.