Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Java Software Developer in Manassas, VA.
Our client is looking for energetic and passionate Java software programmers to contribute as a member of our software team. Candidates should have solid understanding of standard software development processes including high-level design, detailed design, code and programming, unit test, and hand-off to integration and test activities.
Plans, performs, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies and adheres to standards, processes, and procedures throughout the development life cycle. Creates and edits software programs utilizing knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed, information processing techniques, and information gathered from system users. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Solid code programming using Java, and/or Java Swing and JavaFX
• Experience with Eclipse IDE, Git distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) system, Java memory management, garbage collection, profiling, and debugging.
• Attention to detail, compliance with defined processes, and the ability to function as a part of a larger effort are crucial.
• Deadline driven and focused on contract deliverables, accepts demanding tasking while remaining flexible in order to work in an environment of changing priorities and direction.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• Task driven and proactive self-starter who can work on their own with very little oversight.
Additional requirements include:
• 3 or more year’s current experience developing Java code
• Bachelor's in related field
• Secret clearance required (Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance).
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.