Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a System Engineer-Imaging in Manassas, VA.
Perform electrical and system engineering tasks for present and future US Navy submarine imaging periscope systems to include: researching, developing, designing, and testing electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Develops designs for electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic use. Performs trade studies, design and technology assessments for emerging technologies. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Design, develop, integrate and test analog designs.
• Model and simulate to optimize designs and to incorporate design margins.
• Perform design analysis, technology assessments, and trade studies.
• Specify and select COTS, ROTS, NDI and / or custom components.
• Experience with requirements derivation and capture.
• Experience with complex systems development and evaluation.
• Experience with interface requirements and component level requirements.
• Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source products.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Processing and recording UAV/satellite/other camera images
• thermal imaging
• laser imaging
• digital imaging
• optic processing
• Strong communication skills to explain design issues and solutions.
Additional Requirements for System Engineer:
• Bachelor’s degree in Imaging Sciences or related discipline from a Technical University or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
• Proactive/self-starter. Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• Bachelor's in related field
• Secret clearance required (Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance).
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.