Our client is a professional services company specializing in logistics engineering, information technology and international development.
They provide resources to assist public and private sector organizations to accomplish their mission through improved productivity, cost savings, and the leverage of scarce resources.
They are currently seeking a Truck Driver, Medium in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Truck Driver, Medium transports supplies and equipment safely between points and various locations. The driver may also load or unload truck with or without helpers, secure load, make minor mechanical repairs, and keep truck in good working order. The driver is also responsible for the appropriate documentation to account for payload during the transfer.
• Employee will be subject to harsh weather (cold/heat).
• Physical requirements include (but are not limited to) the ability to lift 60 pounds, pushing, pulling, carrying, stooping, bending, squatting, and reaching.
• This position involves working both indoors and outdoors.
• Work environment includes periodic overtime, exposure to heat, dust, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
• Straight truck, 1 1/2 to 4 tons inclusive, usually 6 wheels.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must possess a current driver’s license.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Three years truck driving experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.