Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently looking for a Technical Writer in Chesapeake, VA.
• Creates technical information to support development of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) for the AN/SQQ-89 Sonar Set.
• Also performs related tasks to support development of auxiliary equipment technical documentation.
• Develops technical procedures, user and service manuals, and related technical publications.
• Communicates technical data clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences.
• Captures and documents operational and maintenance related information to support the introduction of new technology to the US Navy fleet.
• Develops technical content in multiple disciplines including: general descriptions, controls and indicators, functional description, maintenance procedures, system operation descriptions, LAN operation and troubleshooting, system troubleshooting, and corrective maintenance procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions. Knowledge of the English language, grammar, usage, and composition.
• Ability to acquire and verify subject matter content by interviewing workers engaged in developing products and services; observing production methods; and referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications.
• Ability to write technical content for procedure manuals, and related technical publications that describe the operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
• Ability to define required graphics, photographs, tables, figures, and engineering drawings and/or create graphic materials using applications such as PowerPoint and Photoshop.
• Ability to perform review and Quality Assurance (QA) tasks to support development of technical documentation for US Navy ships.
• Experience with NAVSEA forward fit / back fit AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Sonar system equipment, including SIPS, (V)15, AN/SQQ-28, AN/SQR-19, MK116, and AN/SQS-53C or ARCI
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with HTML, XML, and content management systems
• Experience utilizing the products and tools for tablet delivery
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite
• Experience with technical manual development for network based systems
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or US Navy Sonar equivalent experience
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Candidates must have an active Secret level security clearance
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.