Our client is a is a premier global provider of responsive management consulting, logistics solutions, and professional services, delivering quantifiable cost savings and improvement in mission readiness to our customers.
They are currently seeking a Shipboard Mechanic III for an Army prepositioned ship located in areas to include Korea, Guam and Diego Garcia for a period of 30 months. Training will be conducted at Naval Weapons Station Charleston prior to deployment.
• Mechanics will utilize appropriate manuals (Electronic or Hard copy), identify faulty systems/inoperable components, remove and replace such components in all categories of equipment; may be required to repair components
• Uses and cares for precision test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment and power tools. Performs Surveillance inspections, exercise equipment as required, and perform preventive and corrective maintenance
• Prepares and maintains required records, work orders, and repair of equipment. Complies with proper shop safety procedures and environmental requirements. Will be required, at times, to perform like work in any maintenance shop area
• Responsible for conducting the work associated with Engineering Changes, Modification Work Orders, Maintenance Advisory Messages and Safety of Use of Messages
• Provides guidance, or training to Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic II. At times will be required to participate in ship’s drills and assist as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Eight years directly related work experience
• ASE Certification or Formerly held equivalent Military Occupation Specialization of Construction Equipment Repairer, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, or Tracked Vehicle Mechanic
• Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport
• Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position
• U.S. Citizen
• Per client and job requirements, candidate to be in good physical and mental condition and be free of chronic disabling disease or other such condition which would limit their effectiveness or increase the likelihood of medical repatriation
Additional Important Information:
• Due to this unique role, the incumbent is committed to a minimum of one year time in position before he/she can be considered for another position. Upon completion of each year in position incumbent will receive a yearend bonus and one round trip ticket to home of record or destination of less distance. Employees must be in top physical condition as working and living on board ship is physically demanding.
***Candidates are subject to various medical screenings, dental screening, and background check***
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.