Our client is a is a premier global provider of responsive management consulting, logistics solutions, and professional services, delivering quantifiable cost savings and improvement in mission readiness to our customers.
They are currently seeking a Database Administrator in Albany, GA.
• Build, install, maintain and operate databases by conducting database performance audits & implementation design reviews
• Perform activities necessary for the definition, design, construction, testing and implementation of automated computer systems
• Encode specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language. Verify encoding by performing trial runs; modifying code.
• Encode project requirements into computer language
• Coordinate programming actions to produce several interrelated but different products from databases; solve programming problems, and use knowledge of pertinent system software, computer equipment, and work processes
• Design, develop and maintain databases, using standard database programs such as Microsoft Access and Oracle, to provide distribution reports, analysis and other relevant information to assist with distribution decisions
• Generate complex queries and reports using common languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and other current programming languages or common reporting tools like COGNOS
• Perform data mining and data warehousing activities to generate reports and briefings
• Responsible for daily data imports and exports
• Modify as necessary to increase efficiency/respond to changes in work processes and maintain records to document database development
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in software or applications programming and/or technical operations, coding
• Experience with software development in Visual Basic, Access, Batch File, XML and HTML
• Experience supporting back end application databases in MS SQL and/or Oracle
• Effective in fast paced environment
• Ability to work on/manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills needed.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field preferred (High School Diploma with commensurate experience will suffice)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Must hold an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.