Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Field Technician Associate-Mechanic in Manassas, VA.
Perform a broad range of mechanical and technical activities as assigned by project leads to support installation of sonar equipment, cables, and related IT hardware. Performs maintenance and technical support for integrated systems and subsystems, hardware, and software at customer locations and/or field locations. Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
Provide mechanical and technical services in support of, but not limited to, the following acoustic systems: AN/BSY-1, AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-10 and USS Virginia Class sub-systems. Field Technician Associate is responsible for supporting the installation team and project leads for the installation of the latest technology to the US Navy Submarine Fleet. Provides mechanical and technical support services following Lockheed Martin direction to complete Fleet/NAVSEA tasking including: system removal and installation, system software/hardware support, Work requires personnel to be on travel approximately 50% of the time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Entry level knowledge or better in rack and stack installations of Servers, Network Switches, and related electronic equipment
• Mechanical and technical skills required to use hand tools and follow assembly instructions and team project lead direction
• Must be a reliable, disciplined self-starter able to work with supervision
• Possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Submarine Sonar Technician with at least four years of experience across multiple platforms and systems or high school diploma with two years’ experience in a related position.
• Operational, maintenance, and troubleshooting skills for a variety of platforms to include: AN/¬BSY-1, AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-10 and USS Virginia Class sub-systems
• Fiber Optic Certification
• IT related installation experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.