Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking an Integration/System Services Engineer in Manassas, VA.
Perform integration tasks merging complex hardware solutions with custom non-commercial software programs. The ideal candidate will be a proficient LINUX engineer to write scripts/utilities for the development of complex military systems. Install newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages. Isolate the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems. Test and debug custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Debug, troubleshoot, and develop utilities to resolve software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source tool suites
• Perform and support system hardware assembly and software integration in a laboratory environment and at customer locations
• Follow and execute procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong experience at the Linux command line
• Integrating software and hardware in complex systems
• Strong communication skills with developers to explain integration/test results with developers
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five years professional experience
• Knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues
• Understanding of automated build processes/practices and code management techniques
• Familiarity with SONAR operations
• Willingness to occasionally work 2nd shift
• Willingness to work overtime
• Task driven with ability to work independently
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success
High School diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.