Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Proposal Writer in Virginia Beach, VA.
The proposal writing responsibilities include supporting all phases of the proposal process in response to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for Quotes (RFQ), and requests for information (RFIs). The successful candidate will work with our customers, senior management, technical team, and business development in developing these proposals. The contracts administration responsibilities include reviewing and maintaining contracts to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulation and all other applicable laws and customer requirements. The successful candidate must have verbal and written communications that are timely and consistently high quality in content, style and clarity.
• Conduct a review and analysis of RFPs/RFQs/RFIs
• Based upon RFPs/RFQs/RFIs requirements, write proposals from start to finish including cost proposals
• Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/ deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials
• Ensure full compliance with RFPs/RFQs/RFIs released by the government or government prime contractor
• At the time of application, a candidate should be able to break down RFPs/RFQs/RFIs language and understand it before beginning work on a proposal
• Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with senior management
• Improve proposal writing by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate, and implementing changes
• Utilize substantial knowledge of applicable FAR and business acumen to manage company contracts and ensure compliance
• Work closely with customer contract administrators and develop good working relationships with these individuals
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Three - five years of professional proposal writing experience: end-to-end experience in writing proposals, including a clear understanding of how to strategically read RFPs/RFQs/RFIs, key roles and responsibilities on a proposal development team, and proven capacity to deliver high quality proposals
• Knowledge of government contracting
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to take direction and change direction fluidly
• Ability to work on multiple deadline driven projects simultaneously
• Task driven with ability to work independently
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Familiarity with Navy/Submarine operations
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
U.S. citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.