Our client was established in 1989 and is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. For over 25 years they have been providing professional world-wide services to support government initiatives worldwide. Their key service areas include technical documentation, training development and delivery, multimedia support, and technical system support.
They are currently seeking a Technical Writer in Manassas, VA.
The Technical Writer is responsible for researching and writing technical content supporting specialized military equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, IT equipment and software. Provide edits and updates to existing technical content in a fast-paced fluid environment of engineering changes:
1. Write and/or edit technical documents to support the production of Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) for the AN/BQQ-10 ARCI Sonar, SWFTS, AN/BVY-1 ISIS, and other submarine electronics systems
2. Develop technical descriptions, procedures, diagrams, operational specifications, and related technical information
3. Provide clear and effective communication through technical documentation to a wide range of audiences
4. Responsible for capturing and documenting operational and maintenance related information to support the introduction of new technology to the US Navy submarine fleet
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Ability to write technical content for procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications that describes the installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment
2. Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions. Knowledge of the English language, grammar, usage and composition
3. Ability to acquire and verify subject matter content by interviewing workers engaged in developing products and services, observing production methods, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications
4. Ability to define required graphics, photographs, tables, figures, and engineering drawings and/or create graphic materials using basic photography and graphic applications such as PowerPoint and Photoshop
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Experience entering content using HTML, XML, and content management systems.
2. Knowledge and familiarity of S1000D technical documentation standards.
3. Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
4. Experience performing system operation and maintenance on US Navy submarine systems.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidates must be U.S. citizens able to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
Our Client is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.