Our client supports government customers in procuring and managing acquisition programs from cradle to grave; primarily major weapon systems, weapons, and combat systems.
They are currently seeking an Installation and Checkout Technician in Dahlgren, Virginia.
Participate in the planning and execution of shipboard installation for Undersea Warfare (USW) systems on Cruiser and Destroyer (CRUDES) ships that are completing the installation process and verifying installations are operating in accordance with the system requirements. Ensure all necessary change documents and installation related configuration documents reflect the system to be installed. Report identified system issues and evaluate problems reported against the installed systems in accordance with the current system requirements, as described by the Navy regional maintenance centers. Specific tasking may include the following areas:
• Engineering Change Working Group (ECWG) participation to review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and group them into Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)/Ship Change Documents (SCDs) for installation
• Develop fielding plans for all back-fit installations and track the development of all Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) products to meet install plan
• Review and approve Software Version Description Documents (SVDs) for fleet release
• Provide over-sight of the development of new SQQ-89 ECOs
• Plan / review / update all new SCDs with review comments and track the approval process
• Work with Shipyard Project Teams and Aegis Modernization Teams to ensure system installations are correctly integrated into the work packages
• Work with Shipyards and other planning activities to ensure each work specification is correct and has the information needed for both parties to complete work requirements within the budget for upcoming installs
• Work with Alteration Installation Team (AIT) contractor and Program Office to ensure that the Statement(s) of Work (SOWs) for respective installations meet the requirements needed at each shipyard for each install
• Work with other program offices and field activities to develop and coordinate installation schedules and fielding plans
• Employ use of Navy Data Environment (NDE) and other government furnished tools to ensure the program office installation plans align with scheduled Selected Retrofit Availabilities SRAs while meeting fleet operational needs
• Assist Tech Leads and new IWS5B Deputy Acquisition Program Manager for Ship availabilities
• Travel required approximately 90% of the time to locations: Norfolk (VA), Seattle (WA), Mayport (FL), San Diego (CA), Honolulu (HI), Yokosuka (Japan)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with U.S. Navy ships
• Six years’ experience with no degree or two years’ experience with a degree
• Ability to provide all support sought under the Job Description listing (above)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience U.S. naval undersea warfare (USW) systems including AN/SQQ-89(V) USW combat system
• Experience supporting planning and execution of installation and checkout of combat systems on Cruisers and Destroyers (CRUDES) ships
• Will consider those with installation experience on submarines (SSN, SSBN, SSGN) or Carriers (CVN)
• Shipboard technical experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must possess a verifiable DoD secret clearance.
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.