Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Software Developer (C#, ASP .Net) in Norfolk, VA.
Our client is looking for a Software Developer to join the project team at Naval Station Norfolk, VA.
• Plan, coordinate and deliver software products.
• Evaluate, troubleshoot and provide overall assessment of software products.
• Develop/code software in accordance to design artifacts.
• Design and execute software unit tests.
• Participate in code and design reviews.
• Identify and report software problems.
• Employ best industry practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification or higher (ex. CompTIA Security+, CASP, CISSP)
• 5+ years of experience in similar or related role demonstrating knowledge of the general concepts and technologies associated with computer science and software engineering. (ex. Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, Configuration Management, Requirements, Design, Coding, Test, Automated Test, Database Design/Development, IA Best Practices and Coding for Secure Systems, Project Management, Implementation).
• Demonstrable ability with the following software languages: C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL.
• Demonstrable ability performing software development utilizing the following databases: MS SQL Server, Sybase.
• Experience with Windows Server environments, including .NET Framework and IIS (Windows Server 2008 or higher).
• Experience with code repositories (ex. TortoiseSVN or similar).
• The capability to identify the computing resources required to establish, administer and deliver source code (ex. H/W and S/W resources).
• Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with team members. This includes the demonstrated ability to give customer demonstrations and management briefs. This also includes the demonstrated ability to document assigned work with product of good quality and in a timely manner to include writing developing and/or updating System Administration Guide and/or product Load Procedures.
• The capability to understand basic project management principles and coordinate with the Project Manager for the development of project plans, schedules, tasking, and estimations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience performing software development in a Linux environment.
• Experience with .NET Compact Framework.
• Experience with VMWare.
• Experience with the following software languages: C, C++
• Experience with JIRA or similar collaboration/issue tracking tool.
• Experience identifying security vulnerabilities applicable to DoD STIGs and remediating them with oversight.
• Bachelor’s degree from a U. S. Department of Education accredited college or university or possess current and relevant certifications (ex. VCP, RHEL, Microsoft)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.