Our client is a rapidly innovative growing company who specializes in Cyber Security.
They are currently seeking a Systems Administrator /Solaris Administrator in Norfolk, VA.
Our client is looking for an Systems Administrator/Solaris Administrator to join the project team at Naval Station Norfolk, VA.
• Assists in maintaining system security and data integrity.
• Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
• Under specific direction, monitors and supports computer processing. Coordinates input, output and file media.
• Distributes output and controls computer operation which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
• Aids users in accessing and using business systems.
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies.
• Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment
• Participates in reviewing performance logs and monitors system performance.
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
• Installs, configures and tests software packages.
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
• Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Systems Administration experience.
• Experience for associate/junior level positions may be earned from work or academic pursuits.
• Experience to include at least Solaris Administration and Oracle VM Administration
• U.S. citizenship (Foreign Nationals must have a CNO-approved waiver)
• Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01-M:
• Security+CE, (or one of the following equivalents: GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
• A computing environment certification such as Oracle Solaris Certified System Administrator.
• System Administrators must have a position designation of IT-1, which requires the following in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5510.30 and DODINST 8500.2
• Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and zero to two years of related experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes.
• Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices.
• Familiar with Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC).
• Experience performing software development in a Linux environment.
• Experience with .NET Compact Framework.
• Experience with VMWare.
• Experience with the following software languages: C, C++
• Experience with JIRA or similar collaboration/issue tracking tool.
• Experience identifying security vulnerabilities applicable to DoD STIGs and remediating them with oversight.
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD Secret clearance
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.