Our client is a Government service oriented business enterprise headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. The company prides itself on its ability to strategically deliver information technology solutions to a diverse portfolio of Federal, State and Local Government customers. Our Client provides a variety of premier government-oriented web hosting, cyber security, information management and help desk services as a standard set of its service offerings.
They are currently seeking a Help Desk Analyst in Baltimore, MD.
The Help desk Analyst position in Baltimore, MD area offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to demonstrate leadership while learning a wide spectrum of financial principles and helpdesk support best practices.
• Provide Level 1 and Level 2 helpdesk support in accordance with training and standard operating procedures.
• Communicate with helpdesk users through email and telephone, providing assistance with basic financial system user issues.
• Responsibilities include facilitating helpdesk assistance through helpdesk support software by entering and tracking support requests through resolution.
• Monitor helpdesk telephone and email inbox for new support requests.
• Maintain appropriate helpdesk system configuration.
• Participate in strategic planning associated with helpdesk support.
• Diagnose and analyze system related issues and recommend appropriate solutions based on knowledge of the financial system software.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years of helpdesk or general organization support experience. Experience requirement can be substituted with Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial field.
• Experience with web browser-based systems.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting/financial principles.
• Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
• Must work effectively in a team environment, multi-team setting, as well as independently.
• Must be detail oriented and know how to provide status on assigned work.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience with enterprise financial systems.
• Previous experience in purchasing/procurement field.
• AA or Bachelor's degree.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Must be a US Citizen (clearable)
Our Client will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.