Quantitative Risk Management Internship- Year Round- 2017/2018
|CME Group: Where Futures Are Made|
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Quantitative Risk Management intern will be responsible for analyzing and testing Risk/Pricing Models for the Clearing House. These include models related to Value-at-Risk, Stress VaR, and liquidity risk for futures products. The intern will work on very specific projects to develop back-testing strategies of the risk framework.
This role requires a passion for problem solving, a deep understanding of financial mathematics with expertise in stochastic calculus, numerical methods, Volatility Forecasting techniques, and PDEs along with a flair for object oriented programming.
• Test and validate risk models for commodities.
• Develop software tools to efficiently implement risk methodologies.
• Present results to the risk team peers and management as needed.
• Pursuing a MS program in Math, Quant finance or any quantitative field.
• Possesses strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of statistics, probability theory, stochastic processes, and PDE’s.
• Strong academic experience on pricing options and volatility surface estimation.
• Strong working knowledge of Programming languages such as C#, Matlab, R. Intermediate level knowledge in SQL.
• Good communication skills and a team player.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results