Senior Regulatory Data Scientist
|CME Group: Where Futures Are Made|
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Regulatory Data Scientist serves as a dedicated data analyst working on new and ongoing data analysis initiatives within the Market Regulation department. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing order, trade, position, and case data from Market Regulation’s data warehouses and developing working solutions to augment and extend the department’s analytical capabilities. The Regulatory Data Scientist plays an important role in all phases of the system development lifecycle and will assist in the design and specification of new regulatory data analysis solutions. The candidate will be expected to become a subject matter expert with regard to regulatory data and the application of analytical concepts and visualizations for the purposes of identifying order messaging and trading patterns and ensuring regulatory systems provide effective and efficient data analysis tools.
• Analyzing complex business and data analysis issues, identifying and proposing effective solutions and developing new, creative analytical methods and processes to mine Market Regulation’s regulatory data warehouses.
• Supporting vendor applications and proprietary tools used by department staff to ensure data is complete and accurate and users are able to maximize the utility and functionality provided by these systems.
• Developing bespoke regulatory data analysis reports and functioning analytical solutions based on staff requests using a combination of complex SQL, Excel, and technologies such as Python and R.
• Creating and implementing new data visualizations using Tableau.
• Working closely with business users to elicit, define, and document detailed business requirements and data analysis specifications that fully capture business processes and accurately define required functionality.
• Performing thorough functional testing of regulatory applications to ensure the implementation of accurate and defect free applications and algorithms that adhere to the defined requirements.
• Facilitating effective communication across all levels within the Market Regulation department and throughout the organization with regard to regulatory systems functionality and data.
• Providing necessary post-implementation support and training to department staff for IT projects and analytical tools.
• Managing multiple concurrent analysis efforts with business and IT teams to ensure on-time delivery of regulatory systems and initiatives.
• Establishing constructive relationships with the development team to ensure deep understanding of functional requirements and business processes that affect coding and data modelling decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, data analytics, statistics, informatics, economics, or similar concentration required. Master’s degree in one of these concentrations highly preferred and expected. Relevant direct work experience or current enrollment in a Master’s program may substitute for a Master’s degree in certain cases.
• Programming experience and a strong understanding of SQL and database concepts.
• Entry level experience in data science, data analytics, or a related field.
• A working knowledge of programming languages, such as R, Python, VBA, Perl, or Q.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to quickly learn, understand, and apply business and technology concepts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work with individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization.
Preferred candidates would also demonstrate the following skill or knowledge sets:
• Knowledge of derivatives, trading, clearing, and regulatory compliance.
• Exposure to Agile, CRISP-DM, and/or traditional software development methodologies along with an understanding of the roles of business analysis, system development, and project management.
• Understanding of machine learning and statistical analysis.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or D3.
• Excellent customer service, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results