Exec Director of Digital Marketing
|CME Group: Where Futures Are Made|
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Executive Director, Digital Marketing – Chicago
As a senior member of the Marketing Department Leadership Team, the primary purpose of this role will be to lead the digital marketing vision, strategy, and execution to drive growth of CME Group’s digital presence and improve the digital customer experience. The ED, Digital Marketing, will lead a team responsible for the digital marketing initiatives that will help diversify our global client base and accelerate revenue growth. He/she will be responsible for coordinating/collaborating with all divisions of the organization to develop a world-class digital footprint for CME Group. The position will lead an international team of digital marketers and customer/user experience professionals and developers across cmegroup.com. customer experience, user experience, mobile, international websites, SEO/SEM and marketing analytics.
• Manages multiple marketing functions including cmegroup.com, CX & UX, mobile, international/in language websites, SEO & SEM and marketing analytics.
• Develop a global digital marketing footprint across CME Group, resulting in an integrated strategy to grow our commercial customer base, maximize revenue growth, delight customers, increase consideration of futures and options on futures and marketing ROI
• Oversee strategy, road maps and releases for cmegroup.com, international websites, partner sites and CME Group Mobile app that support CME Group in revenue growth opportunities from lead generation, campaigns, to membership and market data opportunities.
• Engage with clients and partners to proactively identify enhancements and implement initiatives to improve our customers digital experience
• Implement search engine optimization/marketing (SEO/SEM) programs to increase awareness and consideration of futures amongst tradable instruments to drive increased traffic to cmegroup.com
• Understand and report on traffic trends, funnel analysis, customer behavior. Compile insights, analytics and research to drive ongoing Customer Experience and Marketing improvements across platforms, devices and buyer journeys.
• Create, maintain and socialize Digital Design Standards to be implemented across the organization to provide a consistent digital user experience.
• Research web technologies, marketing practices and industry specific content to further enhance our digital activities. Review analytics to gain understanding of user activities and behaviors and share with adjacent partners.
• Provides industry insights and competitive analysis of the digital space to senior leadership.
• Interact closely with the relevant marketing teams and product/sales/technology teams to understand business objectives and priorities and deliver targeted experiences for various audiences and client segments.
• Expand the use of agile project management from CX and UX work into Marketing projects
• Oversee budget for digital marketing efforts and effectively manage a variety of technology, data, development and digital marketing contractors and agencies.
• In addition to collaborating within Marketing, this role will ensure that the digital team is partnering effectively with Technology, Operations, Product, Sales, Market Technology & Data Services, Legal, Clearing, R&PD and Corporate Marketing & Communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, IT or communications. MBA preferred.
• 15+ years’ experience in digital marketing, with 5 years leading digital at the strategic level.
• Ability to build vision and transform websites; enthusiasm and drive for significant upgrades and improvements in digital experience.
• Strong understanding of the trading markets ecosystem and clients - traders, brokers, commercial, hedge fund and bank customers as well as competitors.
• Inspirational team leader that can gain the support and efforts of stakeholders’ teams and translate technical information and communicate business impact / benefit effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
• Comfortable in a global, matrixed organization and working in cross functional teams.
Proactive problem solver and persuasive decision maker who can work through conflict, and respond quickly to change and ambiguity.
• Understanding of latest online marketing concepts, SEO/SEM, mobile strategies, digital innovations, leading infrastructure technologies and best practices.
• Hands on experience leading information architecture and designing user experiences.
• Extensive knowledge in customer driven development and agile methodology.
• Knowledge of, and experience working with content management systems (Adobe), CRM systems (Salesforce.com), marketing automation tools (Marketo and Pardot), Analytic Tools (Google Analytics, Wave Analytics) and developing and supporting enterprise online video platform implementations across diverse web and mobile environments (Brightcove/Akamai-AEM integration preferred).
• Experience utilizing tools like Jira & Confluence.
• Must be proficient in defining the digital customer purchase journey and digital personas.
• Experience unifying diverse sources of video/audio media analytics, both enterprise and social, into analytics platforms and CRM.
• The individual should be passionate about digital marketing, technology and design principles, understanding the many components that deliver rewarding and successful digital experiences.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results