Java Software Engineer
|CME Group: Where Futures Are Made|
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Java Software Engineer engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Working in the credit risk development team, enhancing and supporting our credit risk management application and ancillary tools.
• Intermediate proficiency in language knowledge; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Intermediate knowledge of database SQL, as well as basic database modelling and elementary tuning.
• Conducts unit testing and integration testing within system. Enables broad testing system-wide without all components in place.
• Optimizes code for key performance metrics. Offers complex insights during code reviews and helps with environmental build deployments, release notes and build notices; Identifies source of defects and issues. Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Troubleshoots own code and helps others find bugs in own code.
• Uses design or analysis patterns periodically, following SDLC process independently.
• Provide input on intermediate functional/non-functional problems regarding the unit of work they are assigned. They react only to assigned problems with limited impact. Typically, problems have basic upstream and downstream impacts.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job level.
• Demonstrable relevant experience in an agile software development role.
• Financial services industry experience preferred but not required.
• Any product knowledge in IRS, FX, Swaptions or general futures & options a plus.
• Intermediate experience of Java JEE, with strong object oriented design and programming skills
• Experience using the frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
• Experience with using a least one testing framework like JUnit, TestNG, etc. Selenium and/or cucumber would be a plus.
• Experience of using git and Maven
• Intermediate relational database and SQL knowledge.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results