Lead IT Business Analyst
|CME Group: Where Futures Are Made|
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic and the work is unlike any other firm in the business.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The selected candidate will join Engineering & Execution (E&E), aligned with the Trade Execution domain, including Order Entry + Routing, Matching and Market Data systems. Our team works on the core trade execution systems at the center of CME Globex, our electronic trading platform. Our systems need to be both low latency and have high reliability while continuously delivering new features. The Lead IT Business Analyst role works in conjunction with the business, operations, development, and testing teams to provide creative solutions that meet the needs of our business and maintain our technology profile. The analyst will perform project execution services like impact analysis, requirements discovery, test distillation, functional and logical design, as well as any other activity that empowers the team to deliver. The ultimate goal is to create shared understanding and improve clarity when certifying new features for production.
- Representing the interests of internal and external customers across our business, technology and operations teams
- Establishing trusted working relationships with our customers and maintaining them over time
- Contributing to the vision and impact assessment for new projects and enhancements
- Leading elicitation, discovery, prototyping, and business analysis activities
- Performing project analysis work such as detailed requirements, user stories, and messaging/interface specs
- Developing acceptance tests to support our automated testing and behavior driven development (BDD) framework
- Creating data flows, messaging specs and mappings between systems
- Partnering with DEV and QA on solution assessment and validation
- Contributing to and managing our ever-evolving digital knowledge base
- B.A. or B.S. in business, information systems, computer science or relevant experience
- 5-7 years of business systems analysis, architecture, or related area experience
- Experience in product development, SDLC, Agile methodologies and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Prior experience in leading and implementing technology based projects
- The ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external customers and vendors
- Great facilitation, negotiation and influence skills
- Excellent problem solving mentality
- Consistently demonstrates positive energy and strong work ethic by getting things done
- The type of person that people are naturally drawn to and enjoy working with
- Embodies high ethical character and makes good decisions
- Experience in Financial Markets (e.g. exchange-based, OTC, FCM, brokerage house, private equity, proprietary trading) preferred
- Knowledge of financial products, electronic trading, order management, market data, clearing, or post-trade processing preferred
- Understanding of acceptance test driven development (ATDD), behavior driven development (BDD) or domain specific language (DSL) automated testing preferred
- Experience with visual modeling, message design + flow, process modeling, and/or data modeling tools preferred
- Knowledge of relational databases, XML, programming languages preferred
- Prior experience using Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) preferred
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results