Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a skilled and energetic Software Test Engineer to join our Tech team in Richmond, BC. In this role, you will participate in all stages of the product and development lifecycle and play a major role in influencing the product and technical direction taken by the team. You will organize the overall quality practices, interpret test results, drive test execution, and build end-to-end manual and automated tests. The
successful candidate must have proven technical skills and demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team and with other stakeholders to plan sprints and releases, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity with high quality
- Use QA knowledge and skill to validate that the software requirements and User Story acceptance criteria have been fully defined and understood by the Scrum team
- Organize and coordinate the testing work of developers, reviewing their test design and test results to confirm that deliverables fulfill the established functional requirements
- Drive and perform test execution to ensure that functionality, usability, performance, and security are meeting user expectations
- Plan and execute system acceptance and regression tests for releases to ensure high quality release candidate builds and successful production launches
- Take a more proactive approach to preventing defects in a sprint and the entire SDLC
- Act as a risk-driven quality process watchdog, escalate quality issues and concerns in a timely manner, and provide suggestions for improvement to the team, management, and stakeholders
- Explore, drive, and implement test automation solutions and testing tools to maximize test coverage and efficiency
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of software testing and QA experience
- Extensive experience in functional test plan and design, functional and non-functional requirements review, and test case creation and execution
- Strong experience with exploratory testing and system regression testing
- Hands-on experience in writing database queries for back-end testing and data verification
- Proficiency with API testing
- Proficient technical skills, and a capability to team up with software engineers to plan and design automated unit and integration tests
- Experience with test automation at the integration and E2E levels, including create/maintain test framework and test script
- Experience with test automation tools, such as Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, and other open source test automation tools
- Knowledge of performance and security test tools
- Experience with database systems, both relational and/or NoSQL, is a plus
Personal characteristics include:
- You are passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers and will work hard to achieve this
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- You are able to work as part of a self-directed and self-managed team
- You hold a point of view and aren’t afraid of challenging assumptions, but are humble enough to recognize and adopt the views of others
- You have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- You have zero-tolerance for avoiding best practices (e.g., peer reviews, BDD/TDD, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery)
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.