Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
The developer will be part of the Data Aggregation team which supplies internal customers with high-quality real-estate data platform helping to transform real estate search experience. This is accomplished by capturing and transforming data from numerous sources into a single high-quality flexible dataset. The feature-rich data is leveraged in a variety of applications and websites, including the most popular real estate search website, Realtor.com®
- Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop processes to move large amounts of data in batch jobs and in real time applications, manipulate data according to business rules and requirements, transform data between different structures such as XML and relational data sources
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of new data sources, implementation, testing, deployment, reliability, defect investigation and resolution. Work closely with other developers and QA
- Modify existing software to correct errors, resolve defects and implement system enhancements
- Develop queries on various sources of data using DMQL query language and C# language
- Work with MOVE flexible and powerful data collection system developed especially for aggregating real estate data.
- Monitor, maintain data aggregation processes, analyze process problems and implement solutions ,
- Oversee the data flows against data quality standards. Identify data quality issues and resolve through appropriate process design, as well as error detection and correction tests and procedures
- Gain deep understanding of key datasets and underlying business use-cases. Be the “go to” person for knowing what information is being collected and recommending to stakeholder your input on how to best leverage this data.
- Participate in project planning, provide development estimates, identify and mitigate technical, schedule, and other project risks. Participate in collaborative team problem-solving sessions.
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- Provide production support and troubleshooting assistance on software related issues
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or other technology areas
- Preferred 1-3 years of solid work experience in software companies in programming or QA
- 2+ years of experience with a programming language (may be as part of an approved training program)
- Solid understanding of database design, relational databases, SQL and database query tools
- Experience with extracting data from various source systems and data stores by performing light business coding (SQL, VBA, Unix, etc.) and system parameter setting, performing queries, developing/automating data models using a variety of software applications
- Experience with manipulating large and rapidly evolving data, into end user friendly formats.
- Methodical and systematic; outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong learner. The ability to grasp and come up to speed quickly on various systems and technical processes and to continue learning. Comprehensive training will be provided
- Process improver – the ability to thoroughly understand the existing development and team process and bring in improvements.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and maintain focus on the quality of deliverables; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to clearly formulate and communicate technical concepts, problems and solutions. Ability to learn by seeking feedback and asking questions.
- Self motivation - The candidate should be balanced between being process and goal oriented.
- Motivation to work efficiently, constantly looking for ways to make improvement to achieve higher results
- Ability to overcome obstacles by coming up with creative solutions, rethinking approach and getting things done.
- Knowledge of a modern scripting language (ex. Ruby, Python, Perl, Scala) - preferred
- Experience with open source technologies and methodologies - preferred
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.