New England Biolabs (NEB) is seeking a Part-Time Sales Associate to assist the New England Field Account Manager with prospecting, generating and closing sales leads in the territory. With guidance from the Account Manager, a goal for the Part-Time Sales Associate will be to eventually work independently on assigned accounts. This is a 20 hour a week position. The ideal candidate will live in the Boston or Cambridge area.
- Support the Account Manager to create and implement a strategic business plan for the assigned accounts in their territory.
- Develop, expand and maintain good working relationships with key customers in assigned accounts.
- Contact and set up appointments with customers of assigned accounts.
- As directed by the Account Manager, implement best practices for developing and participating in successful sales campaigns.
- Set up and work table-top shows at assigned accounts.
- Perform inventory management tasks for existing and new Freezer Programs and NEBnow units in new locations.
- Record all sales activities in NEB’s CRM Salesforce.com.
- Participate in sales and product training programs at NEB headquarters as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a core life science discipline.
- Knowledge of the molecular and cell biology applications in which NEB’s or equivalent products are used.
- Minimum 1 year hands-on lab experience preferred.
- Prior marketing or sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to travel within the territory when necessary.
New England Biolabs is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled and Protected Veterans