We're Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, the nation's largest pharmacy services provider for 600+ acute-care hospitals, long term acute-care, behavioral health systems, and specialty hospitals throughout the US and Puerto Rico. Since 1971 we've delivered pharmacy service value through financial, operational, clinical, therapeutic, and regulatory expertise. And we’re growing at a breathtaking rate. You'll discover, along with almost 2,000 other employees; that CPS is a company you’ll be proud to grow with.
Pharmacy Manager - Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
(Medication Therapy Management)
Memorial Hospital of Union County Marysville, OH
Pharmacy Systems Inc.(PSI) manages the pharmacy services at the Memorial Hospital of Union County (MHUC) and will hire a Pharmacy Manager. MHUC is a 97- bed, acute and primary care not-for-profit community hospital serving Union and five surrounding counties. Additionally, MHUC provides over 30 additional service lines and operational authority over a 112-bed long-term care facility offering long and short-term rehabilitation, skilled, intermediate, and dementia care.
Position Description: Clinically progressive, forward thinking hospital pharmacy is recruiting for a clinical manager to guide further expansion of Outpatient Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Clinics and pharmacist practice sites in primary care physician offices. Current MTM services include the following clinics: Anticoagulation, Transitions of Care, Heart Failure, COPD, Diabetes, Drug Therapy Review/Medication Adherence, Fall Risk Reduction.
The MTM services focus on educating patients about how to properly use their medications, educating patients about healthy lifestyle choices, monitoring patients’ responses to therapy, and managing/adjusting therapy on an ongoing basis utilizing a collaborative agreement with referring physicians.
This is an excellent opportunity to practice clinical pharmacy the way it is meant to be practiced and to lead an excellent clinical team of pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and physician’s assistants to provide advanced MTM services that optimize patient clinical outcomes in patients with chronic diseases.
The department of Pharmacy at Memorial Hospital is a leading innovator in the provision of clinical pharmacy services. The hospital is a short 20-minute drive from northwest Columbus.
To Apply for this position: Please click the following link: Link to job posting: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=COMPREHENSIVEPScws=42rid=7150
Supervising ambulatory medication therapy management clinics and primary care based clinical pharmacy practice sites. Leading the development of new medication therapy management services. Developing systems for quantifying clinical outcomes and financial impact of medication therapy management programs, clinics, and services.
Essential Job Functions
1. Identify new service line/business opportunities to improve the breadth and quality of pharmaceutical care and medication therapy management (MTM) available to the patients and communities served by the Memorial Health system. Write proposals for developing and implementing new pharmaceutical care/MTM services supported by a combination of clinical and financial data and metrics.
2. Design, develop, implement, and manage ambulatory care pharmaceutical care/MTM services in medication therapy/chronic disease management clinics approved by the health system management team. Work with MTM clinic teams to identify patient care needs and develop services specifically designed to optimize medication usage, patient medication plans, patient medication adherence, clinical outcomes, and financial outcomes / performance.
3. Design, develop, implement, and manage pharmaceutical care/MTM services provided in primary care physician practices approved by the health system management team. Work with primary care office teams to identify patient care needs and develop services specifically designed to optimize medication usage, patient’s medication plans, patient medication adherence, clinical outcomes, and financial outcomes/performance.
4. Design, develop, implement, and manage employee wellness medication management programs, services, and clinics approved by the health system management team to improve cost effectiveness of prescription medication usage, optimize patient medication usage and adherence, promote healthy lifestyle choices, and improve clinical/financial outcomes.
5. Develop systems for tracking and analyzing clinical outcomes for pharmacy services provided in medication therapy/chronic disease management clinics and primary care physician practices. Provide periodic reports showing clinical outcomes data and analysis
6. Develop systems for tracking and analyzing financial outcomes for pharmacy services provided in medication therapy/chronic disease management clinics and primary care physician practices. Provide periodic reports showing financial outcomes data and analysis.
7. Work collaboratively with clinical team members and health system marketing staff to develop strategies and initiatives for informing patients, the community, and clinical providers about medication/chronic disease management services and programs, the benefits of these programs to patients and physician practices, and how to access these services.
8. Lead the development of performance and quality improvement initiatives, data analysis, and results reporting, and interventions for medication therapy/chronic disease management services. \
9. Develop, implement, and manage systems for billing medication therapy management services and monitor performance against established goals.
10. Provide leadership to pharmacy staff who provide services in ambulatory care medication therapy/chronic disease management clinics, primary care physician practices, and other outpatient clinical programs as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy.
11. Oversee projects related to acquisition, design, development, and implementation of pharmacy facilities and equipment as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy.
12. Manage and lead special projects as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy.
Graduate of a College or School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
Must be eligible for licensure as a pharmacist and maintain licensure in good standing as a pharmacist in Ohio.
Demonstrate measurable experience with developing, providing, and supervising outpatient medication therapy management services for patients with chronic diseases in a clinic and/or primary care practice setting is required.
Licensure or Certification: Residency training or equivalent clinical practice experience required.
Recommended: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
For 45 years, Pharmacy Systems, Inc. has been the leader in hospital pharmacy management and clinical consulting services throughout the Midwest. We offer foundations for implementation of operational and clinical programs and policies and procedures to support hospital staff and patients over an entire continuum of pharmaceutical care. Our clients include acute care hospitals and health systems, hospital corporations, specialty hospitals-orthopedic, surgical, long-term acute care, and rehabilitation.
Visit the careers tab www.pharmacysystems.com for all the position currently available with PSI.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability