Partnering with Product Management, Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Technical Support to deliver high quality commercial software products and other projects of varying complexity using Agile/Scrum best practices. This role combines a strategic focus with tactical oversight to ensure the Agile/Scrum best practices are iteratively adapted by various Scrum teams to value to our customers, consistently and of high quality.
- Scrum Master for various Scrum team, initially focused on open-source and commercial software products.
- Contribute to technical requirements definition and acceptance criteria for tasks and backlog items to achieve project goals for assigned projects or within forecasted timelines, costs and budgets
- Provide instruction and guidance on ways for teams to document and manage requirements for selected technology projects and improving the overall process to achieve reproducible results that exceed expectations
- Contribute to release deployment coordination, timing, documentation, work flow monitoring and execution of schedule release deployments.
- Make sure assigned teams execute release coverage for non-scheduled deployments, when necessary, to support mission critical patches, releases, or escalations resulting system or customer impact
- Lead weekly/monthly reporting on Sprint results for assigned Scrum teams, technical team work flows, release deployments, and participate in executive leadership reporting
- Available to work nights, days, and weekends for both scheduled and unscheduled releases
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or IS, preferred with 6 years of project management experience
- 5-7 years of experience in IT Lead roles, such as Release Manager, Program Manager, Project Manager or Technical Lead.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement development and implementation.
- Experience managing resources across horizontal work teams.
- Experience working with enterprise commercial software and open source development a plus.
- Experience as a proxy product owner and/or business analyst for backend micro-services a plus.
- Scrum certification credentials from Scrm.org or Scrum Alliance – attained after 2015 a plus.
- Served in Scrum Master role for software development team for 12 months or longer in the last 3 years.
- Excellent project leadership skills with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute technical requirements definition for backend micro-services architecture being deployed via continuous integration.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment, where both long-term planning and short-term releases must be balanced
- Strong leadership, organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills, in combination with effective teamwork ability
- Ability to work within a diverse, performance-based team environment.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and focus on critical path deliverables.
- Ability to lead meetings and communicate course of action.