Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions: Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
Acelero Learning is seeking an inspired, collaborative professional to join us as a Health Coordinator for the Monmouth/Middlesex County program. The Health Coordinator is primarily responsible for achieving the following outcomes for the Head Start program:
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Family Services and Health and network family services and health leadership to develop, implement and refine Acelero Learning’s family engagement and health and wellness approaches in order to promote family outcomes that support children’s school readiness and health and well-being
- Coach and provide supervisory guidance to Family Service and Health team members in order strengthen staff capacity and move staff towards mastery in core competencies included in the Advocate Success Rubrics
- Develop community partnerships to assure that children and family’s self-sufficiency and preventive and health treatment needs are met; and that secure long-term relationships for families to providers who will support their children and family’s long term health and development
- Build a team that works collaboratively with Early Learning (EL) and Mental Health and Disabilities (MHD) staff in order to enhance family life practices and circumstances that promote child development, health and well-being
- Maintain qualitative and quantitative quality improvement and monitoring systems in order to assure that program strategies are executed with reliability, fidelity and quality
The Health Coordinator’s responsibilities chiefly fall under the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
- ERSEA (eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance)
- Outcomes-Based Family Engagement
- Promote Family Life Practices to Close the Achievement Gap
- Assure EPSDT Adherence and Promote Health and Wellness
- Support Families of Children with Chronic Health Conditions and Special Needs
- Child Health and Safety
- Competency Based Assessment, Coaching and Supervision
- Bachelor’s in Public Health, Health Education and Promotion, Family and Child Development or related field. Masters or R.N. preferred.
- CPR, AED and First Aid Instructor preferred or ability to attain upon employment.
- At least 3 years experience working with diverse families in low income communities on health and wellness interventions, including evidence-based strategies to reduce health disparities, with supervisory responsibilities
- Background and understanding of child preventive health, including EPSDT requirements for children 0-5
- Knowledge and experience executing evidence-based strategies to improve outcomes for children and families
- Demonstrated ability to establish community relationships. Knowledge of diverse formal and informal community resources preferred.
- Work flexible hours to meet the program and community needs.
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
- Current driver’s license, reliable vehicle with valid insurance
- Computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.