At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise pans disciplines – from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Gensler Toronto is seeking an Intern Architect to work with a team of architects in bringing design dreams to life.
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
- Provide project team coordination for incorporating design intent into the construction documentation
- Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids, conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- 5 + years of professional experience
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications and construction techniques
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and other 3D modeling software standards, building construction, and building structures
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Experience in tall buildings, adaptive reuse or retail preferred
- LEED accreditation asset not required