JOB TITLE: Financial Systems Business Analyst
Location: Westminster, CO
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Financial Systems Business Analyst for our Westminster, CO location.
In this position you will work under minimal guidance, analyze business financial processes to design database and application software solutions that integrate data from multiple sources and perform complex accounting computations for project management and customer financial reporting and billing.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to developers in the analysis and functional evaluation of financial data and processes and translate into data architecture and software functional specifications
- Analyze and provide technical specifications for automation of business practices and financial data needs related to various areas, such as accounting, purchasing, receiving, production, billing, and other operations
- Conduct interviews with key business users to collect information on business processes and user requirements
- Recommend strategies for the most efficient software and data solutions, including supporting and enhancing custom business management system
- Document software and data structure requirements
- Test system to ensure successful integration of new software and complete and accurate data for customer and company financial reporting
- Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, or Accounting, or related discipline and 6-8 years of work experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
- Experience architecting successful data applications
- Technical knowledge of financial applications related to subsystems and data interfaces
- Technical experience in interpreting business needs and integrating them into business software applications and database solutions.
- Experience determining best methods to integrate multiple data sources and interfaces to meet automation, calculation, and reporting requirements
- Experience in writing functional specifications for an ERP, such as CostPoint, SAP, or Oracle EBS
- Experience in guiding data architecture, data management, and relational database structure
- Experience reading and writing SQL scripting language
- Ability to assess benefits, risks, and success factors of potential software and data solutions
- Experience translating system impact of code changes to test coverage
- Clear understanding of accounting principles and accounting system operation
- Strong knowledge of Project Planning and Project Cost Management principles and reporting needs, including EAC, ETC, and variance analysis
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and logic skills for technical development design and documentation.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with software engineering best practices including design, code reviews, and testing.
- Hands on experience with SQL Server, Visual Studio, and Visual Basic
- Expertise with Excel and Excel report creation, including advanced skills with macros, database queries, pivot tables, complex report generation, and VBA
- Familiarity with Government cost accounting processes
- Familiarity with CostPoint.
- Data Warehouse expertise
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.