JOB TITLE: Business Operations Analyst
Location: Herndon, VA
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Business Operations Analyst for our Herndon, VA location.
In this position you will be responsible for corporate operations reporting and investment analysis in support of the operational P&Ls. Track and manage monthly/quarterly operational metrics.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure month-end and quarter-end operations metric reporting deliverables and reporting requirements are accurate and on time
- Support P&Ls with market analysis, pricing, and business case generation including revenue projections, GM and expense buildup and forecasting, and EBITDA projections
- Design, prepare, deliver, and interpret internal monthly and quarterly results reports to senior management and board of directors on a timely basis including identifying anomalies that represent risks or opportunities and items of significance to highlight
- Provide project management support of data analytics software including needs assessments to determine user requirements are being met, delivery and review/approval of new dashboards, improvements as needed, as well as demonstrations and user support
- Act as data steward to ensure timeliness and quality of data inputs across various databases to improve analysis capabilities and forecasting company-wide
- Assist with business unit strategy development and continued analysis/presentation including identifying revenue, expense, and EBITDA trends and outliers
- Represent LGS Operations Executive’s Office in meetings as requested including pipeline reviews, operations reviews, and strategy sessions
- Provide input, recommendations, and analysis to support the annual financial plan and budgets including risk tolerance, financial ratios (i.e., EBITDA and GM percentages), sensitivity, or tradeoff analysis and using historic data to identify deviations in forecasts/budgets and the corresponding impact to the overall business
- Conduct and/or lead complex financial analysis, such as rate variance, utilization, account classification, and sensitivity analysis, with finance managers, program managers, and project controls in support of the business unit or LGS as needed, interpret the results, and make recommendations to operations and business unit leadership
- Recommend and implement financial process improvements for the company
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance and 4-6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- MBA preferred
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft software applications to include but not limited to: Excel for business case modeling and with pivot graphics/tables, PowerPoint employing storyboard presentation methodology and other software applications as required
- Demonstrated use of risk assessment models for revenue and orders forecasting
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong financial/budgeting skills
- Knowledge of simple statistical methods and/or calculations
- Ability to work independently; possess strong decision making and analytical skills
- Background or interest in a technology focused business
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Deltek suite experience
- Knowledge of US Government contract types
- Experience leading/coordinating teams
- Knowledge of Qlik Sense data analytics software
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.