JOB TITLE: Software Development Engineer VI - Telecommunications Studies
Location: Lisle, IL
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Software Development Engineer VI - Telecommunications Studies for our Lisle, IL office location.
In this position you will guide technical research, design and software development on multiple projects in various aspects of IP/telecommunication/data-communications systems on multiple hardware platforms and/or operating systems. Lead complex analysis, design, development and testing of software systems across multiple functional teams and/or across organizational boundaries
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee technical activities spanning multiple technical management teams including software development, software test, lab environment, development environment and system infrastructure.
- Lead multiple teams and participate in performing analysis, design, implementation, test and documentation of software for complex communication systems and/or subsystems
- Guide and participate in research and innovation efforts of complex solutions to multiple challenging telecommunications and IP/computer networking problems
- Guide architecture and system engineering efforts.
- Act as the technical liaison to customers in representing background and status of key issues.
- Operate effectively and comfortably in a team environment, as a team member and as a team leader. This includes the ability to work across organizational boundaries, as necessary,
- Assist technical management in facilitating process changes needed to meet customer quality and schedule requirements.
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and 10-12 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- In-depth experience in software engineering, development and test for communications systems, including architectural innovation and technical leadership
- Broad experience with the software engineering process from requirements reviews, code inspection, test to component delivery and sign-off
- Development experience on multiple hardware platforms utilizing either Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Strong experience with build and run systems, makefiles, and scripting languages also applied use of development tools (e.g. editors and compliers)
- Proven confidence debugging complex system-level issues with various lab equipment
- Proven ability to create technical project direction in ill-defined problem spaces.
- Extensive experience leading software engineering, development and test teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of IP telephony, signaling, call processing, real time operating systems, and hardware interface software (e.g. device drivers, low-level embedded SW)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead teams
- Excellent teamwork skills
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.